A few months ago I got a phone call from one of the clerks at the tiny thrift store in town. She wanted to know if I could use a bunch of novelty yarn scraps in my blankets. As usual I said, “Sure!”, and I went and got the yarn the very next day.
I lived with the yarn for a while, trying to decide how I could include most of it in a single ripple afghan. I eventually chose to alternate single rows of black with single rows of several different pastels and brights. The Fun Fur is in every sixth row.
A Fun Fur Ripple
10,416 stitches crocheted — 123,208 stitches donated ytd
These highly textured yarns were fun to play with and added a new dimension to my favorite old ripple pattern.