The conjoined granny strips are all sewn together and I’ve already started weaving in the yarn ends left after sewing. My granny afghan is very close to being finished!
Emily seems very satisfied with it just as it is, but I want to add a multi-colored border.
These are the colors I’m considering using. Perhaps there’s enough of the light aqua left for a tiny slip-stitch outermost edging. I went shopping for more light aqua and red violet yarns. With all of my tag sale and thrift store yarn finds it’s been a long time since I purchased yarn for a charity project from a “regular” store! The only light aqua I saw was sport-weight, but I was happy to have found this Red Heart Soft “Berry” at Michaels. (Of course, I used a 40% off coupon.)
I see some crochet border swatching in my future. While I deliberate over them I can finish working in these ends.