I picked out the richest colors of yarn from those still remaining in my scrap box. There were at least twenty-four! and I thought they would look great mixed together with a light neutral color. After trying out a few different creams, ecrus, and tans, I settled on RHSS “Buff”. I was happy to find I had almost two skeins of it, more than enough to use it for every third row in my next ripple.
There’s no intricate stripe plan to read about today!
I gave myself just one other guideline, to use brown, alternating between putting it in every fifth or seventh row…
Starting with brown in row 5, then + 7 = brown in row 12 + 5 = 17 + 7 = 24 + 5 = 29, etc.
Then I lined up scrap balls for the first dozen or so rows and started crocheting.
I thought the two ‘bright’ purple rows would stand out, so I carefully placed them the same distance from the blanket’s ends. Instead, I see it’s a single row of Bright Blue that stands alone, a small ‘oops!’