I’m so HaPpY! with how this one turned out – squeal!! It was definitely worth the extra time it took to “audition” and rip out first the green and then the red and burgundy border. I know I wouldn’t love it nearly as much if I’d used either one of them.
By the time that I finished with the red granny square round of the border, I knew what order of colors I wanted for the rest of it!
First I added a round of red granny clusters. Any other color would have cut into the red granny squares. Then I made two rounds of white granny clusters, followed by one of bright green clusters. A dark green single-crochet edge was the finishing touch!
Christmas in Grannies is now 44 inches by 63 inches. The green board I use to square up my little ripples for their Ta-Dah Photos wasn’t quite long enough.
But it got the job done.