It’s been a looong time since I last talked about any progress on my Flower Star baby blanket… not since this post way back in April when reader Kathy suggested its new name in a comment.
It’s so close to being done, that, although I haven’t finished working in every yarn end, I wanted to show it to you today!
It’s certainly not what anyone could call a flattering photo. lol. Unfortunately, pale yellow baby yarn doesn’t look its best when shot against beige carpet.
And thankfully, the nine white stars don’t seem to stand out nearly that much in real life. In explanation… when I ran out of all four ‘matching’ variegated yarns and realized I was still a few short stars for a seventh round, I crocheted some with the plain white yarn I was using to edge all the stars. Well… at least you can see how nicely all the other stars go together! And thanks to the mixed seventh round, this has become a generously sized hexagon baby blanket, forty-four inches across when measured point to point.
I finished it off with two rounds of turquoise single crochet, the first worked from the blanket’s front side and the second round from the back. In order to get the edge to lay flat I skipped a stitch in each valley and did a sc-chn3-sc in each point.
Although I’m holding all of this summer’s ripples until September when blankets will again be distributed to new foster children, I think I’ll pass this one on as soon as I get its yarn ends tucked away. It’s definitely an airy summer afghan.
BTW – Thanks Kathy for the fun name!