This spring I found a ball of yellow and green cotton, (I think it’s Bernat Handicrafter ‘Key Lime Pie’.) at the new Sal’s.
Considering that particular thrift store’s current yarn pricing of $2.99 for even partial skeins, I felt very lucky to have found it untagged; the clerk on duty let me both it and the teal/purple acrylic ball for just 50¢ each! Yay!
With two and a half ounces of this pretty yarn, – half an ounce more than either of the yarns I picked for Washcloths #1-4, 3/4 oz. more than the yarn in #5+6 – I was able to make slightly larger cloths by casting on 40 stitches instead of the usual 37 and adding a few rows.
Next, using the second ball of Sugar ‘n Cream ‘Landscape’,
I made two more regular-sized washcloths, one of ‘Landscape’ alone and one with a yellow/green stripe of leftover ‘Key Lime’.
Woo-Hoo! This makes a total of ten washcloths ready to go to Haiti.
My cost so far – 50¢!! ROFL