Purple Mountains’ Majesty
does have a little less variegated than the troubled #31,
– 19 rows, instead of 22 –
surely those 3 fewer rows can’t be the only reason why I like it so much more. . .
Comparing the two ripples, I notice
- PMM (Purple Mountains’ Majesty) has an all-cool palette,
- that its variegated yarn has no white and
- that I used the same color – purple or white – before and after each of its variegated stripes.
All things to remember whenever I want a calm, well-balanced ripple.
And to think I did it with only five yarns!. . .
- an unknown green/blue/purple/blue variegated
- Wintuk ‘Medium Blue’ from Sandi of MD,
- some RHSS ‘Spruce’ and ‘Lavender’ from my old stash,
- and an anonymous white.